Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Best Ever....Movie Lines



I love Bridget Jones' Diary. In large part because I am hopelessly in love with Colin Firth and refuse to see him as anything less than the delectable Lord Darcy.

Anywho, so I just turned to the Biography channel (one of my favorites) and oddly enough, it's showing Bridget Jones' Diary. And to my delight I "arrived" in time to see what are probably the best lines ever to be uttered on film.

Mark Darcy: I don't think you're an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother's pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever's in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences... But the thing is, um, what I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much.

Bridget: Ah, apart from the smoking and the drinking, the vulgar mother and... ah, the verbal diarrhea.

Mark Darcy: No, I like you very much. Just as you are.


What woman wouldn't LOVE to hear those words come from the mouth of a man she adores. Particularly one as smoking hot as Lord Darcy, errrr...Mark Darcy I mean. It's what every woman secretly wishes for. A man who will love her. Just as she is.

Unfortunately, I am inclined to believe that it only happens in the movies. That's okay. It's better than nothing.

No comments: