Monday, December 31, 2007

What a Difference a Year Makes



Wow. I'm sitting here getting ready to go to my friend's annual New Year's Eve party. So different from how things were last year. I was in so much pain at the end of last year. Life was tough and I felt so lost and untethered. And so alone.

And then I started "The Purpose Driven Life" and things began to change. I began to realize that my life really was not about me and my desires. And as long as I made it about me I would never be fulfilled or at peace. These days I breathe easier; I smile more easily and sometimes the smile is even genuine. (0: I love better, I forgive better. I allow myself to be forgiven. My whole life has changed. In one year. So, yeah, what a difference a year makes.

To those I know and love and to those I don't know...I hope that your new year is better than your last. I pray that you'll have peace and joy and find your place in the world. And I pray that your dreams come true.

Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We still need to read The Purpose Driven Life together. Let me know when you get a new copy...

Happy New Year!